ADVANCED SKILL ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME IN NURSING(ASEP –NURSING)
ASEP- Nursing aims to train nurses to meet the increasing demands of hospital industry/health care sector in India and abroad, where opportunities are more for experienced and trained nurses rather than fresher nurses. Moreover, most of the institutions are keen to select nurses based on their performance in skill along with qualifying examinations.
ASEP-Nursing aims to update and upskill qualified nurses from the State. The course facilitates career development and employability and it is designed as a six month programme which include 18 weeks classroom/online/simulation laboratory training and 6 weeks practical training in Emergency and Intensive Care Units of an established tertiary care hospital along with training in Soft skills & IT skills to enable them for efficient and smooth delivery across cultural barriers.
KSWDC in association with Centre for Management Development (CMD) and Overseas Development and Employment Promotion Consultants Ltd (ODPEC) introduced a comprehensive finishing programme for GNM/Graduate /Post graduate in Nurses aspiring to have a career abroad.ASEP-NURSING STUDENTS TESTIMONIALS
Objectives of ASEP-N
- To develop essential advanced nursing skills of the graduates to suit the global standards.
- To facilitate the participants in seeking a career abroad.
- GNM/ Graduate/Post Graduate certified nurses
- Hospitals/Health Care Authorities in India, Middle East, UK, Australia, U.S.A., other European Union Countries.
2.Eligibility criteria for admission
- Age: No bar
- Should possess Bsc./Msc. Post in Nursing/ GNM approved by Indian Nursing Council with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
- 90% of the batch capacity is reserved for women
- Training will be conducted at KSWDC- REACH/ ODEPEC centres except the clinical training that will be arranged in empanelled hospitals.
- Class room/online based interaction led by Doctors/ Faculty in Nursing/Languages/Management /IT having ample experience in the relevant area. Training delivery also by veterans who have industry & academic experience.
- Selection will be conducted through an online screening test conducted by the REACH- KSWDC,Thiruvananthapuram.
- Batch size – 30 Trainees (90% of seats reserved for women)
6.Duration of Courses
- The course is planned in five modules with a total duration of six months with maximum of 48 hours /week